Screen pinning will temporarily lock the phone display to show the app you've chosen and you won't be able to exit unless you unpin it.
This prevents you from accidentally exiting an app if you press a hardware button especially when playing a game in landscape orientation. When you need to lend someone your phone, you can also restrict him to just use a single app by pinning it.
Here's how to pin an app:
- Go to Settings, and then tap Security.
Screen pinning, and then tap the
On/Off switch to turn it on.
- Choose whether to be prompted for your screen lock PIN, password, or pattern when unpinning. Do one of the following:
- If you haven't set a screen lock yet, tap Lock device when unpinning to set it.
- If you have set a screen lock, tap Ask for unlock PIN/password/pattern before unpinning if its On/Off switch is not turned on.
Open the app that you want, and then press the RECENT APPS button.
Depending on the Android version that's preinstalled on your HTC phone, do one of the following:
- Android 6 or later: Scroll down the Recent apps until you see the pin icon appear on the last app that you opened. Tap the icon.
- Android 5: On the thumbnail of the current app you opened, tap .