Worried that you might lose important stuff on
HTC Desire 626?
HTC Desire 626 before you erase the storage, do a factory reset, or upgrade to a new phone.
Use the built-in
HTC Backup to back up your accounts, settings, contacts stored on your phone, text messages, and more to the cloud so that it will be easier to restore them on
HTC Desire 626 (after a factory reset) or newer phone.
HTC Sync Manager
HTC Sync Manager to import music, photos, and videos from
HTC Desire 626 to your computer. You can also sync locally stored contacts, calendar events, bookmarks, and playlists between
HTC Desire 626 and your computer.
HTC Sync Manager is a good alternative if you don't want to back up your accounts, settings, and other personal content to the cloud. You can use it to create backups of
HTC Desire 626 on your computer.
Other backup options
If you want, you can separately back up your data or files.
Some apps allow you to back up data to the phone storage or storage card so you can easily restore them after a factory reset. Just make sure not to erase the phone storage or storage card when you do a factory reset.
- Moving apps to the storage card doesn't back up the apps. If you do a factory reset, your phone loses the apps. You'll need to reinstall them.
- When you remove the storage card and insert it in another phone, the apps on the storage card won't be installed automatically to the other phone. You'll need to reinstall them.
Back up your text messages to the phone storage or storage card, or save them as an email attachment.
- Save contacts and other personal data to your online accounts so you can just sync them when switching to another phone.
- If you have locally stored contacts in the
People app, export them to the phone storage or storage card.
|| Manually copy and paste files by connecting
HTC Desire 626 to your computer as a disk drive.
- If you added new words to your personal dictionary in the onscreen keyboard, back up the dictionary to the storage card or save it as an email attachment.
- Check the other apps to see if they support exporting data to the storage.