When you switch on
HTC 10 for the first time—or after you've done a factory reset—you’ll need to set it up.
If you have data from a previous HTC phone that you need to copy, first back up the phone's data before you start setting up HTC 10
. For guidance, go to htc.com/support
and then click Backup and Transfer
- If you need to navigate by voice feedback, turn on TalkBack by pressing and holding two fingers on the first screen until you hear a message and then a beep.
Or if you accidentally enabled TalkBack, follow the onscreen tutorial to turn it off.
screen that asks you which device to restore from, do one of the following:
- If you backed up your old phone using your Google Account, tap the phone name. Tap to select the apps to install, and then tap Restore.
- If you want to start fresh, tap Don't restore.
On the Google services screen, make sure the Back up to Google Drive option is turned on to automatically back up HTC 10.
It's also recommended to have the options under Location and Device maintenance turned on.
Set up Google Assistant, or do this later.
For details, visit support.google.com/assistant/.
- Sign in to your HTC Account to use the same login credentials for HTC services such as Themes and HTC Sense Companion.
- Tap Set up fingerprint to add your fingerprint and use it for unlocking your phone. See Fingerprint scanner for details.
- Follow the remaining instructions to finish your phone setup.