Android™ 7 Nougat brings new features that make working with apps and settings even more convenient.
Starting from Android
7.1, press and hold an app icon to display a menu that lets you quickly access common app functions. For example, from the Clock
app icon, you can quickly set a timer or alarm.
Note: Not all apps support the app shortcuts feature.
See App shortcuts.
Multi-tasking made easy
Aside from flipping through running apps, there are faster ways to use the RECENT APPS button
for switching between apps.
- Want to watch a video while chatting at the same time? Use the split-screen view to display two running apps side by side.
- Quickly switch to the previous app with a double tap.
For details, see Multi-tasking.
See incoming information on a notification without having to open an app. If you received a new message, you can directly send a reply right from the notification. See Notifications panel.
- Limit how much mobile data your phone uses. When you turn Data Saver on, apps in the background won't be able to use the data connection unless you've set these apps to access mobile data. See Data Saver.
- Use the Quick Settings bar to toggle Wi-Fi® and other quick settings on and off. See Using
- No more navigating back to the main settings screen by screen. There's a slideout menu that you can open anytime to directly access the main settings. See Getting to know your settings.
- At the top of the Settings screen, see suggestions for how to get more out of your phone.
- Aside from changing the font size, you can also adjust the display size of items such as icons and images. See Adjusting the display size.