What's new and different in the new software update?
What's new in Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Now on Tap intuitively searches for related information right in the app, while you're viewing a message or website for instance.
- There's a Memory setting that shows how memory is being used on your phone.
- To help protect your phone and privacy, Android 6.0 Marshmallow has improved the way apps are given access to certain data or features, such as contacts or the microphone.
- Use your existing storage card as removable storage to insert and access the card on any Android phone. Or if it's a brand new card, you can set it up as internal storage.
- Doze mode and App standby help to preserve battery life by restricting network access when the phone is not charging and the phone or apps aren't being used for an extended period of time.
The Themes app lets you customize how your phone looks with your own photos and then mix and match with different sets of icons, sounds, color schemes, and more.
- With the HTC Sense Home widget, your Home screen adapts to your needs at home, at work, and on the go.
- New lock screen notifications make it easier to find what you've missed, see upcoming events, get restaurant recommendations, and more.
- HTC BlinkFeed has evolved into a service platform that can aggregate content partner services in one place. News Republic is our first featured partner.
- The HTC Backup service is no longer available. You can now only restore previous backups saved by HTC Backup to your phone.
- Image match is no longer supported in the Gallery app. You can try the image search feature of Google Photos.
- Sending a vCard by SMS is not supported. You can still send a vCard by MMS.