Smart Lock gives you a faster way of unlocking your phone than entering a password, PIN, or pattern.
You can set up your phone to detect your face, place, another trusted device, or your voice, before you can unlock the screen. This is a good alternative to add if you often forget passwords.
Go to Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Screen lock, and then select and set up a screen lock.
This will be your backup screen lock method.
- On the Security screen, tap Smart Lock.
- Confirm your screen lock.
- Choose what you want your phone to detect before it unlocks.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.