Sometimes, a third-party app may cause your phone to lag, malfunction, or freeze. In Safe mode, all third-party app activities are temporarily deactivated.
If your phone functions as it should while in Safe mode, then the problem is caused by a third-party app and is unlikely a hardware issue.
- While your phone is on, press and hold the POWER button for a few seconds to turn your phone off.
- When prompted, press and hold Power off.
- When you see the Reboot to Safe mode dialog box, tap OK.Your phone will restart and you should see Safe mode at the lower portion of the screen.
- Test your phone to see if Safe mode resolves the issue.If yes, uninstall a recently-downloaded app that might be causing the problem.
- To switch back to Normal mode, turn off your phone, and then turn it back on again.
You can also restart into Safe mode using the hardware buttons. Press the POWER button to turn the phone on. When you see the HTC logo on the screen, press and hold VOLUME DOWN until you see Safe mode at the lower portion of the screen.