If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock password, PIN, or pattern, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your phone.
If this fails, you'll be given more attempts.
First, make sure you enter the password, PIN, or pattern properly. If you're still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your phone is to do a factory reset.
But before you do so, make sure you are aware of the following:
- A factory reset will erase all data, media, and files from the phone storage. You'll lose them and won't be able to restore them if you didn't sync or back them up before.
- Make sure you know your Google Account name and password. You'll need them to unlock your phone after the factory reset.
If a Google Account and screen lock have been set up, Device Protection may be enabled, which means that after the factory reset, you'll need to sign in using the same Google Account that was logged into your phone. If you forgot your Google Account password, use your computer web browser and go to
www.google.com/accounts/recovery to reset your password first.
Here's how to perform a factory reset using hardware buttons on HTC Desire 10 lifestyle.
- Turn the power off.
- Press and hold the , , and buttons at the same time for 5 seconds or longer.
- Release these buttons when you see the bootloader screen.
- Press Factory reset option, and then press the button.
to select the
Warning: Make sure you do not select the other options on the bootloader screen. Doing so may void your warranty or brick your phone.