To get better captures with the
Camera app, here are some tips on what to do while taking your shots.
- Make sure that the camera and flash lenses are clean and without fingerprints. Use a soft, clean, microfiber cloth to wipe them.
- Hold the phone so that your fingers aren't blocking the camera and flash lenses.
For clear, sharp shots
- Tap the screen to focus and dynamically readjust the image contrast, which is sometimes desirable if you wish to take a macro to get an off-center bokeh effect or take photos while you're moving. Adjust the exposure to brighten the subject or make the subject look darker and richer. For details, see Quickly adjusting the exposure of your photos.
- If the subject is moving, on the Viewfinder, press and hold the subject to lock the focus.
If there are parts of the image that are in shadows and others are in highlights, use HDR to capture multiple shots of different exposures and combine them into one shot. Keep
HTC Desire 550 steady or place it on a level surface when using HDR.
See Using HDR for details.
- When taking a panoramic photo, consider the whole scene and focus on an object that has a neutral tone to help keep the exposure balanced in the composite image.
- Make sure you're not moving the camera when taking a photo, especially in low light conditions.
Camera settings, tap
Grid to help frame the subject better or improve the composition.
- After capturing, you can enhance the photo in
the Google Photos app.