How long the battery can last before it needs recharging depends on how you use
HTC Desire 20 pro.
Try out some of these tips to help increase battery life.
Use the power management features
Manage your connections
- Turn off wireless connections such as mobile data,
Bluetooth when not in use.
- Turn on Airplane mode when you don't need any wireless connections and you don't want to receive calls or messages.
Manage your display
Lowering the brightness, letting the display sleep when not in use, and keeping it simple helps save battery power.
Manage your apps
- Battery optimization helps extend battery standby time. See
Battery optimization for apps.
- Restrict battery usage of apps running in the background. See
Enabling background restriction in apps.
- Install the latest software and application updates. Updates sometimes include battery performance improvements.
- Uninstall or disable apps that you never use.
Many apps run processes or sync data in the background even when you're not using them. If there are apps that you don't need anymore, uninstall them.
If an app came preloaded and can't be uninstalled, disabling the app can still prevent it from continuously running or syncing data. See
Disabling an app.
- Allowing apps to always get your location will drain the battery. You can set apps to access your location only when you're using them. See
Choosing which apps have access to your location.
When you're running low on battery, turn off the location setting temporarily. See
Turning the location setting on or off.
Limit background data and sync
Background data and sync can use a lot of battery power if you have many apps syncing data in the background. It’s recommended not to let apps sync data too often. Determine which apps can be set with longer sync times, or sync manually.
To squeeze in a little bit more battery power, try these tips:
- Tone down the ringtone and media volume.
- Minimize the use of vibration or sound feedback. In Settings, tap
and choose which ones you don't need and can disable.
- Check your apps’ settings as you may find more options to optimize the battery.