How long the battery can last before it needs recharging depends on how you use
HTC Desire 820G+ dual sim.
In times when you need to extend the battery life more, try out some of these tips:
Check your battery usage
Monitoring your battery usage helps you identify what's using the most power so you can choose what to do about it. For details, see
Checking battery usage and history.
Manage your connections
- Turn off wireless connections you're not using. Go to Settings to turn on or off the data connection,
- Turn GPS on only when a precise location is needed, such as while using navigation or location-based apps. See
Turning location services on or off.
- Turn on Airplane mode when you don't need any wireless connections and you don't want to receive calls or messages.
Manage your apps
- Install the latest software and application updates. Updates sometimes include battery performance improvements.
- Uninstall or disable apps that you never use.
Many apps run processes or sync data in the background even when you're not using them. If there are apps that you don't need anymore, uninstall them.
If an app came preloaded and can't be uninstalled, disabling the app can still prevent it from continuously running or syncing data. In
All tab, tap the app, and then tap
, swipe to the
Limit background data and sync
Background data and sync can use a lot of battery power if you have many apps syncing data in the background. Determine which apps can be set with longer sync times, or sync manually.
- If you have many email accounts, consider manually syncing some accounts.
Play Store, tap
, and then clear
Add icon to Home screen to avoid automatically adding Home screen app shortcuts whenever you've installed new apps. Also tap
if you're fine with updating apps from
Play Store manually.
To squeeze in a little bit more battery power, try these tips:
- Tone down the ringtone and media volume.
- Minimize the use of vibration or sound feedback. In Settings, tap
and choose which ones you don't need and can disable.
- Check your apps’ settings as you may find more options to optimize the battery.