Sometimes, a third-party app may cause your phone to lag, malfunction, or freeze. In Safe mode, all third-party app activities are temporarily deactivated.
If your phone functions as it should while in Safe mode, then the problem is caused by a third-party app and is unlikely a hardware issue.
- Do any of these depending on your phone's operating system:
Your phone will restart and you should see Safe mode at the lower portion of the screen.
- Android 7 and later: Press and hold the button, then tap and hold Power off.
- Android 6: Press and hold the button, then tap and hold Power off until the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears. Tap OK.
- Test your phone to see if Safe mode resolves the issue.If yes, uninstall a recently-downloaded app that might be causing the problem.
- To switch back to Normal mode, turn off your phone, and then turn it back on again.
You can also restart into Safe mode using the hardware buttons. Press the Safe mode at the lower portion of the screen.
button to turn the phone on. When you see the HTC logo on the screen, press and hold until you see