How long the battery can last before it needs recharging depends on how you use
HTC 5G Hub. Try out some of these tips to help increase battery life.
Use the power management features
Battery saver and
Battery Manager on in Settings.
- Monitoring your battery usage helps identify what's using the most power so you can choose what to do about it. For details, see
Checking battery usage.
Manage your connections
- Turn off wireless connections such as mobile data or
Bluetooth when not in use.
- Turn on Airplane mode when you don't need any wireless connections and you don't want to receive messages.
Manage your display
Lowering the brightness, letting the display sleep when not in use, and keeping it simple helps save battery power.
Manage your apps
- Battery manager helps extend battery standby time. See
Battery optimization for apps.
- Install the latest software and application updates. Updates sometimes include battery performance improvements.
- Uninstall or disable apps that you never use.
Many apps run processes or sync data in the background even when you're not using them. If there are apps that you don't need anymore, uninstall them.
If an app came preloaded and can't be uninstalled, disabling the app can still prevent it from continuously running or syncing data. See
Disabling an app.
Limit background data and sync
Background data and sync can use a lot of battery power if you have many apps syncing data in the background. It’s recommended not to let apps sync data too often. Determine which apps can be set with longer sync times, or sync manually.
To squeeze in a little bit more battery power, try these tips:
- Tone down the notification and media volume.
- Minimize the use of sound feedback. In Settings, tap
Sound and choose which ones you don't need and can disable.
- Check your app settings as you may find more options to optimize the battery.