Google Play Movies & TV fix for HTC One (M8) running Android 5.0
Troubleshooting: Google Play Movies & TV fix for HTC One (M8) running Android 5.0
HTC has developed a fix for Google Play Movie issue affecting HTC One (M8) running Android 5.0. HTC would release the fix through next regular software update. You may download and install the update using the steps below.
Note: The update will NOT remove any personal data from your phone.
2. Download the RUU file matching your ROM to your PC.
3. Turn off your phone.
4. Press the VOLUME down + POWER buttons for about 5 seconds, until the boot screen appears.
5. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
6. After the phone has connected to the PC, select FASTBOOT and then press the POWER button. You should see FASTBOOT USB.
7. Run the downloaded ROM file (.exe) on your PC.
8. Follow the steps shown on the PC screen to update your phone.