How long is my warranty and what does it cover?
In Europe, the warranty is (24) months from the date of original purchase for mobile devices.
In MEA, the warranty is (12) months from the date of original purchase for mobile devices.
The warranty for accessories is (12) months (whether included in the mobile device sales package or sold separately.
Warranty is measured from the purchasing date. However there are also other scenarios when the device will not be covered by warranty:
- Your warranty is no longer valid when the product serial number, the accessory date code, the IMEI number, water indicator or the warranty seal have been removed, erased, defaced, altered or is illegible.
- Use of the device other than in accordance with the user manual, rough handling, exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal or environmental conditions or a rapid change in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation.
- Unauthorized modifications or connections, unauthorized opening, repair by use of unauthorized spare parts, or repair by an unauthorized person or location.
- Warranty does not cover physical damage of the product including but not limited to cracks or scratches on the LCD screen or camera lens.
- Issues caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- Issues caused by the fact that the Product was used with or connected to an accessory not approved or provided by HTC or used in other than its intended use and where it can be shown by HTC that such issue is not the fault of the Product itself.
- Issues caused by electrical surges or other electrical current problems that are not the fault of the Product or Accessory.
- Any Product in which the bootloader has been unlocked, or in which the operating system has been altered, including any failed attempts to unlock the bootloader or alter the operating system, regardless whether such modifications are authorized, approved, or otherwise sanctioned by HTC.
Note: Many companies sell accessories such as internal or external batteries, chargers or signal boosters that may look like HTC Accessories and/or claim to meet or exceed HTC specifications. Use of non-HTC accessories may void your Warranty.
You can find more information about the HTC warranty by visiting http://www.htc.com/uk/support/warranty-statement.html
Will I still be able to repair the device in warranty if I bought it from a different country?
Please contact the Customer Service team to check if there are any restrictions on repairing your device in Europe. If local repair is not possible you may be asked to contact the Customer Service team in the region where your device was bought.
REPAIR AND SERVICE
How do I obtain warranty service?
In the event of an issue with your device or accessory, you should take the following actions:
- Refer to the resources available at www.htc.com/support , HTC Help application and/or user manual as many of the issues can be resolved by following some simple steps.
- If the issue still cannot be resolved, you should contact our Customer Service team for further troubleshooting. The Customer Service staff will assess if the device needs to be sent for repair.
Note: Only HTC or an HTC authorized service center should perform service on the device or accessory.
What information is needed in order to send my device for warranty service?
When you contact our Customer Service team, please have the following information available:
- Model, serial number, and IMEI number of the product or accessory.
- Your full address and contact information. Bear in mind that we are unable to modify the delivery address after the unit is shipped to our service center.
- You must present a copy of the original invoice, receipt or bill of sale for the purchase of the product or accessory.
Will I need to pay to send my device to the repair center?
HTC will provide a pre-paid label to ship your in-warranty device to our repair center. HTC will also cover the return shipment to yourself after repair.
However, you will be responsible for shipping charges to and from our repair center if the device is no longer in warranty or the fault is not covered by warranty.
How long does it take to get my device repaired?
Repairs generally take from 7 to 10 working days from the time the device arrives at our Repair Center (excluding shipping time) and is subject to parts availability.
How do I get my device ready before sending it to the repair center?
Please make sure that your phone is packaged in a suitable cardboard box with adequate protection/padding and that the parcel is sealed securely. We request you do not use the original packaging as we do not guarantee it will be returned. Please do not use a padded envelope or jiffy bag as these will not provide adequate protection during transport.
Include a copy of the proof of purchase. This is a document containing the IMEI and/or serial number of your device. If you do not have a purchase document, the warranty of the device will be determined based on the manufacturing date.
Remove all accessories such as the SIM card, memory card, screen protector and SIM. Please attach one of the sticky labels from the box, with the IMEI and serial number, onto the back of the device for identification purposes.
Note: Accessories do not need to be included when sending your phone for repair, unless the accessory is related to the issue you are facing with your device. Please make the Customer Service team aware if you are planning to send any accessories.
Will my data be deleted from my device at the repair center?
Before returning your device for service, back up all data and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information. The device will be factory reset as part of the repair process.
For more details on how to back up your data please check Backup and Transfer article on our support page.
HTC is not responsible for the damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removable storage media during the repair process.
If I want to send my device for in warranty repairs but it has a physical or liquid damage, can the service center provide partial repair?
Our repair center do not do partial repairs. Following a diagnostic test, any faulty part or defective material found will have to be replaced entirely. A quotation for repair will be sent to you via email. You are required to pay the quotation upfront before the device will be repaired and returned back to you.
Devices with minor liquid damage may receive a repair quotation, depending on the cost of the repair. Devices with major liquid damage are returned unrepaired, as they are classed as beyond economic repair. Charges will apply for screening and shipment.
How long is the warranty on the repaired parts?
If HTC repairs or replaces the product, the repaired or replaced product shall continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period or for (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
What are my options if I don’t want to pay the repair quotation?
Should you choose to reject the quotation, there will be a fee for diagnosis, shipping costs and taxes which need to be paid before sending your device back. If you reject the quotation without payment or leave the cost estimate unanswered, HTC will retain your device for 6 months, after which it will be scrapped.
I received a replacement device from the service center but it has the same serial number as my old device, does that means the device wasn’t replaced?
When replacing a smartphone, we rewrite the old serial number to the replacement device. This is required to track the ongoing warranty status.
How much will it cost to repair damage I caused myself?
In order to confirm the exact price for repairing any damage, you will need to contact the Customer Service team who will create a repair ticket and provide you with the details needed to send your device to our official service center. Once your device reaches our repair center our engineers will run a diagnostic test after which a quotation will be sent to you via email. The quotation charges are payable upfront before the device is repaired and returned to you. Should you choose to reject the quotation, there will be a fee for diagnosis, shipping costs and taxes which need to be paid before sending your device back.
Where can I purchase a battery for my HTC device?
The battery is built-in in all our new models and cannot be sold separately. If you have an issue with the battery life on your device, your first step would be to refer to the resources available online at www.htc.com/support , the HTC Help application on your phone and the user manual where you will find many troubleshooting tips related to battery life.
If the issue still cannot be resolved, you should contact our Customer Service team for further troubleshooting before deciding if the device needs to be sent for repair service.
Note: Do not remove the back cover or battery as it may cause physical damage and void the warranty on your device.
Can I pay the difference and get an upgraded model for my device?
If you would like to trade your device for an upgrade, we recommend that you try our HTC Trade up programme. For more details please visit this link: https://uk.htctradeup.com/
I don’t like the latest software update; can I send it to service center and get it downgraded?
A device cannot be downgraded after a software update. However, if you are facing any issues with the device after the update please consult the user guide, support site or the Help app on the device. If the issue persists, contact our Customer Service team for further assistance.
How come my device is water damaged when it is advertised that it is water resistant IP67?
Our IP67 smartphones are dust resistant and the immersion into fresh water should not be more than 1m for a maximum of 30 minutes measured under laboratory conditions. Please refer to the user guide for further detail on water resistance restrictions. If there is a crack or fissure to the device cover, it may no longer comply to IP67. Normal wear and tear may also decrease splash and water resistance over time.
How can I check my device repair status?
Once the device is delivered to our repair center you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt. After the repair has completed you will receive a second email with a courier tracking number for the return shipment.
You can also check the status of your repair request at any time: