If you have an HTC phone that's running Android
6 or 7, use your Google
Account to back up your phone to Google Drive
Here's what can be backed up:
- Apps installed through Google Play Store.
- App screen's grid size and sort order, if your phone supports HTC Sense Home.
|App data and settings
- Google Calendar and Gmail settings.
- Data that's synced to your Google Account such as Google contacts and calendar events.
- Contacts and call history in the People app, Clock and Weather city list, and email accounts in the Mail app, if these HTC apps are preloaded on your phone.
- Data and settings in third-party apps you installed, depending on whether these apps allow this.
|Ringtones, Wi-Fi networks and their passwords, and certain device settings.
- Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
Back up my data.
Tap the On/Off switch to turn Auto Backup on, and then press your phone's button.
- Make sure Automatic restore is turned on.
This allows an app's data and settings to be restored when you reinstall the app on another phone.
Auto Backup periodically backs up your phone to a private folder in Google Drive. It
occurs every 24 hours when the phone is idle, charging ,
and connected to a Wi-Fi
Backup data will not count towards your Google Drive storage quota. Large files or files that app developers have chosen to exclude from the service will not be backed up.