Choose your region
Founded in 1997, HTC built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded mobile devices on the market.
Since 2006, we have regularly introduced many critically-acclaimed mobile devices under our own brand, and our portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by the Android and Windows Phone operating systems.
We are dedicated to creating a customized user experience and believe that each mobile device needs to fit its owner, and not the other way around. What we make is not merely the product of focus group tests, but of observing and honoring how individuals choose to interact with technology.
Our customers guide everything we do at HTC, and it’s this commitment that defines the company.
Success Starts Where It Ends: With the Customer
Strong recommendations from retailers, press reviews, consumer opinions, and friends and family, contribute to a high rate of product referrals, brand recognition and ongoing momentum. Combined, these recommendation channels nourish the connection between HTC and its community as market share increases. And because we invest wholeheartedly in refining the personalized communications experience, we champion the customer as the hero through every stage of innovation.
Dedication to Experiential, Interactive Design
A focus on product design with performance, endurance, craftsmanship, and intuitive tools and interfaces, ensures an elegant experience in a beautiful, minimalist package. HTC contributes a variety of innovations that include an amazing camera — cameras that rival leading point-and-shoot models and HD video that turns mobile screens into intimate, state-of-the-art theaters. And we make authentic sound a priority — we integrate Beats technology because it’s not just the music you play that matters, but also the quality of the sound. We recognize that, for our customers, a mobile device isn’t just a smartphone but an A/V entertainment system, communications control center and important instrument of individual expression, all in one.
Innovation Through Collaboration
Our longstanding working relationships with fellow technology leaders, such as Google, Microsoft and Qualcomm, are more than strategic partnerships: They serve as active labs of research and development and product evolution. At HTC, collaboration is a means to a very important end: creating a holistic experience for the customer. Our partnerships ensure that hardware, software, and content management and delivery systems are united in seamless and intuitive ways that give consumers control.
Empowering the Most Personal Experience
Discovering the best ways to integrate state-of-the-art technologies with effortless user experiences has always been, and will always be, our passion. New products simply improve and enhance these experiences. And when our customers share their personal experiences with our products, they speak with passion and conviction. That’s why we encourage, embrace and celebrate users sharing their perspectives. The strength of the HTC community lies in its authenticity; it’s the most accurate and honest voice of real-world understanding available. We insist on seeing through the eyes of this community, because doing so teaches, challenges and prods us to get better at what we do — empowering our customers through personal experience.
History of Firsts
HTC is committed to melding innovative technology with human insight to create personal experiences that enrich people’s lives. With a history of creating high quality products and great experiences for customers worldwide, HTC has achieved many industry firsts, including:
- 1080 pixel display - HTC DROID DNA (2012)
- 4G LTE Windows Phone - HTC TITAN II (2012)
- Smartphone with f2.0 aperture - HTC One X and S (2012)
- Smartphone with Beats Audio – HTC Rezound (2011)
- 4G LTE smartphone on Verizon and AT&T – HTC Thunderbolt and the HTC Vivid (2011)
- 4G smartphone launched in the U.S. – the HTC EVO 4G on Sprint (2010)
- HTC Sense smartphone – HTC Hero (2009)
- Integrated GSM/WiMAX 4G phone launched in the world (Russia) – HTC Max 4G (2008)
- Android device – T-Mobile G1 (2008)
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC with intuitive TouchFLO touch screen technology – HTC Touch (2007)
- Tri-band UMTS 3G device on the Microsoft Windows Mobile platform – Cingular 8525 (2006)
- Tri-band UMTS PDA (2005)
- 3G Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 device – HTC Universal (2005)
- 3G CDMA Windows Mobile 5 phone – PPC-6700 (Sprint) and XV6700 (Verizon) (2005)
- Microsoft Smart Music Phone – SDA/SDA Music (2004)
- Large 2.8" TFT touch-screen LCD display – O2 XDA/T-Mobile Germany MDA/T-Mobile PPC Phone (2002)
- Microsoft-powered smartphone (“Stinger”) – the SPV (2002)
- Microsoft wireless Pocket PC – XDA, MDA and PPC (2002)
- Microsoft Pocket PC – Compaq iPAQ (2000)
- Color palm-size PC (1999)