This software upgrade available for your HTC 10 provides the following key enhancements:
· Android 8.0 (Oreo)
· System enhancements
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 3.16.617.2 is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen, then tap All apps > Settings > About and locate the Software information . If your Software number is less than 3.16.617.2 , you should proceed with the upgrade.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update
Connect the device to a charger
Ensure the battery is charged to at least 35%
Connect to Wi-Fi to access and download the update
To download and install the update from the device, follow these steps below:
1. Follow the "Getting Started" steps above.
2. From the Home screen, tap All apps , and then tap Settings .
3. Tap About .
4. Tap Software updates .
5. Tap Check now .
6. Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update. The status of the download can be checked in the Notifications pull down.
7. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down. Tap the System update to begin the upgrade process.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 3.16.617.2 .
9. The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use the device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
10. Once the system update is complete, tap OK to continue.
11. For best performance, open Play Store and tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated.
· October 2017 Android Security Updates
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 2.51.617.32 is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen, then tap All apps > Settings > About and locate the Software information . If your Software number is less than 2.51.617.32 , you should proceed with the upgrade.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.51.617.32 .
Manual system update instructions:
If you are outside of Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update via USB connection to a PC. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/ .
WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.
Performing the ROM Update:
1. Download and save the HTC 10™ ROM update to your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
3. If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC 10™ ROM update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
7. Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
8. After the initial setup process is complete, open Play Store , tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated.
9. After initial setup and updating all apps, the device is ready for use.
Note : If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:
From a powered off state, hold VOLUME DOWN while powering on the device to access download mode.
Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.
To exit download mode manually, use the volume keys to navigate to reboot and press the POWER button to select it.
Download (1.8 GB)