If you backed up your old phone using HTC Backup, you can restore your saved backup to
your new HTC phone.
- Restoring a backup will overwrite the current data and settings on
the HTC phone.
- Depending on the amount of content, restoring your backup to your phone through your data connection may incur additional data costs and take a long time. Using a
Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
- To restore paid apps, you need to download and install them via the
Google Play Store app.
- After you've finished setting up your new HTC phone, slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the Transfer or restore your content notification.
You can also go to Settings, and then tap System or Backup & reset.
- Tap Restore from HTC Backup. .
If your phone is preloaded with Android 6 or later version, you'll be prompted to download the HTC Restore app. Install and open this app, and then tap Restore from HTC Backup.
If the HTC Account screen appears, sign in using the same account that you used to back up your old phone.
Your backup history will then be displayed.
Select a backup, and then tap
If prompted, sign in to your cloud storage account.
Follow the onscreen instructions to restore your backup and to continue setting up your phone.
Slide open the Notifications panel to check if there's any notification to finish setting up your phone.
Free apps from
Google Play Store will be restored in the background, and you can track the progress via a notification in the status bar. To restore paid apps, you need to download and install them from
Google Play Store.