You can add virtual private networks (VPNs) so you can connect and access resources inside a secured local network - such as your corporate network.
Before you can connect to your organization's local network, you may be asked to:
- Install security certificates
- Enter your login credentials
- Download and install a required VPN app on your phone
NOTE: Contact your network administrator for details. Your phone must establish a Wi-Fi or data connection before you can start a VPN connection, and you must set a lock screen PIN or password before you can use credential storage and set up the VPN.
Follow these steps to add a VPN connection:
- Navigate to Settings > Wireless & networks > More.
- Tap VPN > and then the plus icon.
- Enter the VPN settings and set them up according to the security details your network administrator gave you.
- Tap Save.
The VPN will be added to the VPNs section of the VPN settings screen.
Follow these steps to connect to a previously added VPN:
- Navigate to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > VPN.
- Tap the VPN that you wish to connect to.
- Enter your log in credentials, and then tap Connect.
Once you’re connected, the VPN connected icon appears in the notification area of the status bar. You can then open the web browser to access resources such as your corporate network intranet.
Follow these steps to disconnect from a VPN:
- Slide the Notifications panel open.
- Tap the VPN connection to return to the VPN settings screen, and then tap the VPN connection to disconnect from it.