Answers to some common questions
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About > Software updates > Check now.
HDR, short for High Dynamic Range, can bring out the details of both the highlights and shadows in your shots. Use HDR when capturing your subject in high contrast lighting, or when shooting in lowlight conditions.
To find out more, go to the Overview page in this URL: http://www.htc.com/tw/help/htc-one-x/#overview. Under How-tos, see Camera > Using HDR. You can also watch the video, "Capturing photos in backlight conditions".
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, please stop any operations on your phone. Please contact HTC customer service for further asistance.
Although you do not need a Google Account to use your phone, signing in to your Google Account lets you take full advantage of Google apps and services such as Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and more.
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to your phone.
To find out how, go to our HTC support site. Select your phone model, and then under How-tos:
See "Copying files to or from the phone storage" to copy files to the phone's built-in storage.
See "Copying files to or from the storage card" if your phone model supports a storage card.
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings > Personalize.
2. On the Sound tab, tap Sound set.
3. Choose a sound set you want to customize, or create a new one.
4. Change the ringtone, notification sound, or alarm from the Personalize screen.
Hot environment can cause the phone to reach unsafe operating temperatures quicker. Please make sure you do not use your phone in direct sunlight. If your phone gets hot and uncomfortable to the touch, turn off your phone and wait until it cools down before you use it again.
You can do the following to check:
1. Check the network specs of your phone in the HTC website. (Go to the website of the country where you bought the phone.)
2. Check the supported network band in the country where you will be traveling.
3. Check if cross-country roaming has been activated by your mobile operator.
When your phone finds contacts that can be merged, you’ll see a link notification when you open the People app.
1. On the People tab, tap the Link suggestion notification when available. You'll see a list of suggested contacts to merge.
2. Choose the contacts you want to merge.
Some HTC phone models may not support this feature. If your phone doesn't have this feature, use your computer to access your Gmail. Gmail on the web allows you to merge duplicate contacts.
When moving your phone between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or inside the phone. To avoid damage, allow sufficient time for the moisture to evaporate before using the phone.
When taking the phone from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow the phone to acclimate to room temperature before turning on the power.