This system update includes:
· Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
· Bug fixes
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 2.04.563.3 is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap All apps > Settings > About > Software Information and locate the Software version. If your Software number is less than 2.04.563.3, you should proceed with the upgrade.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not attempt to power the device off as this may stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
· Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
· Connect the device to a charger
· Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
· Ensure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and is in Boost Mobile data coverage.
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:
1. From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About.
3. Tap Software updates.
4. Tap Check now.
5. Tap OK to download the update.
6. Tap OK to start the upgrade process. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
7. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.04.563.3.
9. The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use your device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
10. When the system update is complete, the device will boot up normally. When prompted, tap OK to continue.