This software upgrade available for your HTC One provides the following key enhancements:
· Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
· Bug fixes
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 3.24.531.3 is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap All apps > Settings > About > Software Information and locate the Software version. If your Software number is less than 3.24.531.3, you should proceed with the upgrade.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not attempt to power the device off as this may stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
· Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
· Connect the device to a charger
· Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
· Ensure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and is in Boost Mobile data coverage. ]
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:
1. From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About.
3. Tap Software updates.
4. Tap Check now.
5. Tap OK to download the update.
6. Tap OK to start the upgrade process. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
7. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 3.24.531.3.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
9. When the system update is complete, the device will boot up normally. When prompted, tap OK to continue.
Manual system update instructions:
If you are outside of T-Mobile/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.
WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.
Performing the ROM Update:
1. Download and save the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM update to your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
3. If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
7. Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
8. Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:
· From a powered off state, hold VOLUME DOWN while powering on the device.
· Use the volume buttons to scroll to FASTBOOT and then press the POWER button to select it.
· Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.
To exit FASTBOOT manually, use the volume keys to navigate to REBOOT and press the POWER button to select it.