Starting August 6th 2014, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One SV. This update will only be available for Cricket HTC One SV customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, you will receive a notification on your device advising you of this update and providing instructions to receive and install it. You can also proactively check for this update by going to All Apps > Settings > System updates > HTC Software update > Check now.
This system update addresses the following:
• Fixed the SMS pending issue
• Added Google security patch - Open SSL
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not attempt to power the device off as this may stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
• Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
• Connect the device to a charger
• Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
• Ensure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and is in Cricket data coverage.
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:
1. From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
2. Tap System updates.
3. Tap HTC Software update.
4. Tap Check now.
5. Tap OK to download the update.
6. Tap OK to start the upgrade process. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
7. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 3.05.1050.01 (Orange) / 3.05.1050.101 (Black).
9. The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use your device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
10. When the system update is complete, the device will boot up normally. When prompted, tap OK to continue.