This software update (Build Number: 6.01.605.07 710RD; Baseband Version: 20.32W.30.0813U_1.09.01.0312) is now available for your DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC.
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 6.01.605.07 710RD is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information and locate the Software number.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Your device is currently running Software number 6.01.605.05 710RD. If you are running older software, please contact Customer Care.
- Set aside approximately 7 minutes to allow the device to update.
- Connect the device to a charger.
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 25%.
- From the home screen, tap Menu
- Tap Settings
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Check new.
- You will be notified that new software is available. Tap OK to start download.
- Once the update is completed, tap OK to proceed with the software installation.
- Installation will begin and device will reboot several times during the installation process.
- Once the installation completes, device will start up on its own. Once you unlock your device, you will be greeted with a pop up box. Tap OK to dismiss the notification.
You will be able to use your device. Congratulations, your device has now been updated to 6.01.605.07 710RD.
- If you choose the Install later option, you will have to set a date and time to start the process. You can also manually install by going to Settings > About phone > System update
- If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.
- If your battery level is too low, the installation will not proceed. You will need to charge your device until it has enough battery power to continue.
- If the device is in roaming condition, it will not able to initiate any software update connection including network initiated or user initiated session. The Check new option in Software update will be grayed out.
- To identify your software information, you can go to Settings > About phone > Software information. After performing the update, it should show 6.01.605.07 710RD.