This software update (Software Number: 2.20.605.13 710RD) is now available for your HTC Rhyme.
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software update to 2.20.605.13 710RD is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information and locate the Software number.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Your device is currently running Software number 2.20.605.13 710RD1.
- Set aside approximately 30 minutes to allow the device to update.
- Connect the device to a charger.
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
Please follow the installation instructions based on your current software number.
1. From the home screen, tap Menu
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Software update
4. Tap Check new. Device will check for new software
5. You will be notified that new software is available. Tap OK to start download.
6. Once the update is completed, tap OK to proceed with the software installation.
7. Installation will begin and device will reboot 3 times during the installation process.
8. Once the installation completes, device will start up on its own. Once you unlock your device, you will be greeted with a message. Tap OK to dismiss the message and use your device.
To confirm that you have received the update mentioned in this article, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software information and check your software number. It should show 2.20.605.13 710RD.
- If the device is in roaming condition, it will not able to initiate any software update connection including network initiated and user initiated session. The "Check new" option in "Software update" will be grayed out.
- If you choose the Defer option, you will be asked to set a date and time to remind you to proceed with the update.
- If you chose the Reject option, you can always go back to Settings > Software update and tap on Check new to get the software.
- To identify your software information, you can go to Settings > About phone > Software information. After performing the update, it should show 2.20.605.13 710RD
- If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly and after restarting the device, you will be back on the original software.
- If your battery level is too low, the installation will not proceed. You will need to charge your device until it has enough battery power to continue.
- If your device is low on memory (< 25 MB), the installation will not proceed. You will need to clear out space before the update can continue.