This software update (Firmware revision number: 1532.20.20011.605; Radio software version: 0.17.50.1218) is now available for your Windows Phone 8X by HTC.
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to firmware revision number 1532.20.20011.605 is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. From the Start screen, swipe from right to left and then tap Settings > about > more info and locate Firmware revision number.
- Your device is currently running Firmware revision number 1532.20.10110.605.
- Set aside approximately 30 minutes to allow the device to update.
- Connect the device to a charger.
- Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
1. From the Start screen, swipe from left to right.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap phone update.
4. Tap check for updates.
5. You will receive a message that an update is ready for download. Tap download to proceed.
6. Once the download has completed, tap install to proceed with the update. It may take a while before the device proceeds to the next screen. This is normal.
7. Your device will restart and show several screens during the update process.
8. When the update process is completed, tap done to proceed.
You will now be able to use your device. Congratulations, your device has now been updated to firmware revision number 1532.20.20011.605.
- If you have set your device to automatically download updates, you can proceed from step 6 of the installation instructions.
- This update requires a Wi-Fi connection to download.
- If your device is in roaming condition, you can still initiate the software update as long as you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- To identify your firmware revision number, you go to the Settings > about > more info. The firmware revision number should show 1532.20.10110.605.