This update will only be available for T-Mobile Windows Phone 8X customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by swiping left to display the applications list and then going to settings > phone update > check for updates.
This system update includes:
- Windows Phone 8 GDR2 QFE1 software update
- Bug fixes
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not power the device off as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
- Connect the device to a charger
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to download the software file
HTC recommends that Software updates are checked for automatically. To verify that this setting is correct, navigate to Settings > phone update and ensure that the following are checked:
- Tell me when updates are available for my phone
- Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it
Note: Software updates may take up to 20 minutes to complete. Your device may reboot multiple times during this process. Please do not shutoff, restart or otherwise interrupt this process. Connecting to Wi-Fi or ensuring you have a strong data signal can make this process faster.
First, check your current software version by navigating to Settings > about > more info.
If on firmware revision number 1532.20.10012.502, update your device by navigating to Settings > phone update > check for updates. This will update your device to firmware revision number 3030.0.31603.531.