Starting March 7th 2013, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One X. This update will only be available for AT&T HTC One X customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, you will receive a notification on your device advising you of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. You can also proactively check for this update by going to All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates.
As an alternative solution, the system update can be downloaded to a PC and manually applied to the device. See the section at the bottom of these instructions for more information.
This system update includes:
- Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with Google Now
- HTC Sense 4+
- Enhanced Camera application with improved performance
- Enhanced Gallery application with Event and Map views
- New “Hide apps” feature in All apps
- AT&T Drive Mode
- Improved power management
- AT&T Address Book Fixes
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not attempt to power the device off as this may stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
- Connect the device to a charger
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
- Ensure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and is in AT&T data coverage.
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:
Manual system update instructions:
- From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
- From the Home screen, tap AT&T Software Update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Tap OK to download the update.
- After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
- Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 3.18.502.6.
- The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use your device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
- The system update is now complete. Tap OK to continue.
If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update.
WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.
: If your device is currently running the software number 1.73.502.1
or lower, please update your device to the software available here
first, and then install the software update at the bottom of the page.
Performing the ROM Update:
- Download and save the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
- NOTE:If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, see the HTC Sync Manager download section on this web page for more information.
- Locate the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded and double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
- Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
- Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
- For assistance with updating your device using the RUU, contact HTC Support.