Open the menu panel to access and change camera settings.
To open the camera settings, press
- Self-timer (photo mode only)
- Set a time delay before your camera automatically takes the photo.
- Image adjustments
- Slide your finger across each of the slider bars to adjust the exposure, contrast, saturation, and sharpness.
- White balance
- White balance enables the camera to capture colors more accurately by adjusting to your current lighting environment.
- ISO (photo mode only)
- Choose an ISO level or set it back to Auto. Higher ISO numbers are better for taking pictures in low light conditions.
- Resolution (photo mode only)
Choose a photo resolution to use.
- Review duration
- Set the time for a captured photo or video to be displayed on the Review screen before the camera changes back to the Viewfinder screen.
- Widescreen (photo mode only)
When this check box is selected (default), photo resolutions available for selection are in 5:3 ratio and you can use the entire Viewfinder screen to frame your subject. When not selected, photo resolutions available for selection are in standard 4:3 ratio.
- Geo-tag photos (photo mode only)
- Select to store GPS location in your captured photos.
- Auto enhance (photo mode only)
- Select to reduce noise when using a high ISO setting and to automatically adjust photo brightness.
- Auto focus (photo mode only)
- Enables or disables centered auto focus.
- Face detection (photo mode only)
- Select to automatically recognize faces and adjust the focus when you take people photos. Face detection will be turned off if you disable auto focus.
- Shutter sound
- Select to play a sound when you press the shutter release or record button.
- Grid (photo mode only)
- Select to display a grid on the Viewfinder screen so you can easily frame and center your subject before taking the photo.
- Auto upload (photo mode only)
- Lets you automatically upload photos to
Flickr®. You can set the upload frequency, select the album to upload to, and set the privacy level.
- Stereo recording (video mode only)
- Select to record sound in stereo when capturing videos.
- Record with audio (video mode only)
- Select to record audio when capturing videos.
- Reset to default
- Change the camera settings back to default.