Depending on your notification settings, HTC Rhyme
plays a sound, vibrates, or displays the message briefly in the status bar when you receive a new message.
A new message icon
is also displayed in the status bar.
To open and read the message, you can:
- Press and hold the status bar, and then slide your finger down to open the Notifications panel. Then tap the new message notification.
- Go to the Messages app and open the message.
While reading the message, you can reply with a text or multimedia message.
You can also do the following while reading the message:
- Call the phone number contained in the message by tapping the number.
- Tap the email address contained in the message to send an email.
- Tap a link in the message to open it in the web browser.
- Tap the message to open the options menu and choose what you want to do with the message (such as forward, share, and more).