To access the settings menu from the Home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap Settings. The following categories are listed:
Make your phone truly yours with the various personalization options available.
Wireless & networks
Set up wireless connections (Wi-Fi, mobile networks, mobile hotspot, and Bluetooth), enable Airplane mode, and more.
Toggles the Charm notifications if there is a missed call and when messages, incoming calls and voice mails are received.
Manage in-call settings such as fixed dialing numbers, configure voicemail, enable hearing aid compatibility, configure call forwarding, manage internet call settings, and more.
- Choose sounds to use for notifications.
- Adjust media playback volume.
Set up display settings such as automatic screen orientation, brightness, screen timeout, and more.
Accounts & sync
- Log in or out of your social network and email accounts such as Google Account, and Exchange ActiveSync account.
- You can also manage synchronization and other settings for your accounts.
Select the sources to use when determining your location.
Select information sources on your phone to include when you search and set Google Web search options.
- Toggle what information is shown on the lock screen.
- Choose to automatically back up some settings (e.g. Wi-Fi passwords or Bookmarks) to Google servers using your Google Account so you can restore them when needed.
Connect to PC
- Set the default USB connection type to use whenever you connect your phone to your computer.
- Or, select the Ask me check box to set you phone to always display the screen for selecting the USB connection type.
Set a screen lock, enable the SIM card lock, or manage the credential storage.
Turn on power mode to automatically switch to power saving mode when the battery level goes down to the level that you set.
SD & phone storage
Manage running applications, install or uninstall apps, set low memory notification, and more.
- Check the available space in the internal storage and your storage card.
- Erase the internal storage or storage card content.
- From this screen, be sure to un-mount your storage card before you remove it from the phone.
- You can also do a factory data reset to delete all non-factory data and restore default settings.
Date & time
Set the date and time, time zone, and date or time format.
Language & keyboard
Set the operating system language and region. You can also set onscreen keyboard options as well as disable and enable 3rd party keyboards that you have installed.
Use these settings when you’ve downloaded and installed an accessibility tool, such as a screen reader that provides voice feedback. You can turn accessibility functions or services on or off.
Voice input & output
Set up the voice input options. Also, if you’ve installed a text-to-speech (voice data) application, use this to set the text-to-speech settings.
Check to see if there is a new software update for your phone.
View different information about your phone, such as the battery level, hardware and software information, and more.