Answers to some common questions
1. Why does my phone get warm?
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, temporarily stop any operations on your phone until it returns to a comfortable operating temperature.
2. What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will be accessible from all your computers, HTC phones and the Dropbox website.
3. I live in a hot/warm climate, will this affect my battery?
A hot environment can cause the phone to reach unsafe operating temperatures more quickly. Make sure you do not use your phone in direct sunlight. If your phone gets hot and uncomfortable to the touch, turn off your phone and wait until it cools down before you use it again.
4. Do I need a Google account to use my Android phone?
Although you do not need a Google account to use your phone, signing in to your Google Account lets you take full advantage of Google apps and services such as Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and more. A Google account is also required to recover a device if a screen lock password is forgotten.
5. How do I extend the battery life of my phone?
Here are some battery saving tips:
1. Turn off the display when you're not using it.
2. Reduce screen brightness to the lowest comfortable level.
3. Turn off wireless connections such as the data connection, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not in use.
4. End running applications using the Task Manager
6. How do I find the IMEI of my phone?
To find the IMEI of your phone, you can check one of the following:
1. Press and hold the top of your screen and then slide downward to open the Notifications panel. Tap Settings
> About phone
> Phone identity
2. On the phone keypad, dial *#06#
; this will automatically display the phone's IMEI.
3. There's a sticker on the back of the device that shows the IMEI.
4. The IMEI is also engraved on the SIM tray. Power off the device and then eject the SIM tray using the provided tool.