Answers to some common questions
How can I check if I have the latest software updates on my phone?
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
- Tap AT&T software update > Check for updates.
How can I transfer music from my computer to my phone?
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to the Music folder on the phone.
Why does my phone not prompt me with a USB connection type after I connect it to the computer?
HTC Sense 4+ brings you the new "Connect to PC" feature, and now you can now enjoy charging, syncing and disk drive at the same time.
In addition, "Smart Network Sharing" improves the data connection when sharing the internet connection from your phone to computer, or vice versa.
To enable Smart Network Sharing:
1. Slide the notification bar open.
2. Tap Settings > More > Mobile network sharing > USB network setting > Smart network sharing.
A "Device driver software was not successfully installed" message will pop up after I connect my phone to computer, what should I do?
The notification “Device driver software was not successfully installed” means that the USB driver is not yet installed. When this appears, wait for the HTC Sync Manager auto-run window to pop up then click HTC USB Driver install it. This process will take about 3 minutes.
How do I know if my phone can be used in another country's local network?
You can do the following to check:
1. Check the network specs of your phone in the HTC website. (Go to the website of the country where you bought the phone.)
2. Check the supported network band in the country where you will be traveling.
3. Check if cross-country roaming has been activated by your mobile operator.
How can I transfer photos from my phone to my computer?
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to the Pictures folder on the phone.
How can I transfer contacts to my phone?
The easiest way is to store your contacts in your Google Account. This way, you can just sign in to your Google Account on your new phone and your contacts will be synced to your phone.
There are also other ways for transferring contacts:
1. Sync with your computer: Sync the contacts from your old phone to your computer, and then use HTC Sync or HTC Sync Manager to sync your phone with your computer's Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Contacts.
2. Social network accounts: Log in to your favorite social networks to import contact information from them.
3. SIM card: Import all your SIM contacts to your phone.
4. Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: Sync your work contacts from the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Server in your workplace.
Why does my Windows XP computer detect my HTC device as a camera?
This happens when the drivers for your HTC phone are not installed yet. When this happens, click "CANCEL" in the pop up window. Wait a minute for the installation of necessary drivers in the background, they will be installed automatically.
How can I combine duplicated contacts on my phone?
When your phone finds contacts that can be merged, you’ll see a link notification when you open the Contacts app.
- On the Contacts tab, tap the Link suggestion notification when available. You'll see a list of suggested contacts to merge.
- Choose the contacts you want to merge.