My device won’t power on. What can I do?
If your device will not power on, your battery may be drained.
- If the battery is dead, the device will need to charge for a few minutes and then should power on once this happens. Attempt to power the device on by pressing the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Make sure you are using the AC charger that was supplied with your device.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to force a power cycle. If it works, the 3 icons at the bottom of the screen will blink a few times.
- If the device still will not power on, contact your wireless carrier for further assistance.
My device has gotten warm and appears to have stopped charging. What is happening?
When using the device for prolonged periods of time, such as when you're talking on the phone, charging the battery or browsing the web, the device may become warm. In most cases, this condition is normal and therefore should not be interpreted as a problem with the device.
The device has a protection feature that if the device becomes too warm (due to use of GPS or Bluetooth while charging, using the device as a wireless modem, etc.), the auto protection feature will be triggered and the charging process will be stopped. Once the device cools down, it will then begin charging again.
How do I find the IMEI/MEID of my phone?
To find the IMEI/IMEID of your phone, you can check one of the following:
1. Press and hold the top of your screen and then slide downward to open the Notifications panel. Tap Settings > About phone > Phone identity
2. On the phone keypad, dial *#06#; this will automatically display the phone's IMEI.
3. If your phone has a removable battery, remove the back cover and take the battery out. There's a sticker on the inside that shows the IMEI/MEID. If it’s non-removable battery device, check SIM tray.
How do I extend the battery life of my phone?
There are different features such as watching YouTube, listening to music, programs running in the background, using Wi-Fi/Bluetooth®/GPS, and constantly synchronizing e-mail that can drain the battery quickly.
To improve battery life, refer to the following tips:
1. When your device is not in use, press the Power key to switch off the screen
2. Select a shorter idle time before the device screen switches off and lower the screen brightness
3. Use the AC adapter to plug your device into an external power outlet whenever possible.
4. Turn wireless radios off when you are not using them.
5. Turn off background data synchronization.
For more information on performing these tasks, please see the How-tos section of this page.
Can my device use an expandable storage card, such as MicroSD?
The HTC One X device does not contain a slot for an expandable storage card.
Why does it take so long to charge my device using USB?
The USB cable acts as a trickle charger when plugged into a PC, so it takes longer a wall charger to recharge your device. While the USB will work, it is recommended to use the AC charger, especially if the battery level reaches 10% or below.
How can I check if I have the latest software updates on my phone?
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About > Software updates > Check now.
How long should it take to charge my battery?
Your battery can take up to 4 hours to fully charge using the AC charger. It will take much longer using the USB as that is the trickle charge function.
How do I keep the screen turned ON while charging the device?
1. From the Home screen, tap All apps.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Developer options.
4. Tap to check Stay awake.
NOTE: When enabled, this feature may cause the device to take significantly longer to charge.
I live in a hot/warm climate, will this affect my battery?
A hot environment can cause the phone to reach unsafe operating temperatures more quickly. Please make sure you do not use your phone in direct sunlight. If your phone gets hot and uncomfortable to the touch, turn off your phone and wait until it cools down before you use it again.