If you’ve forgotten your screen lock pattern, you have up to five attempts to try and unlock your device. If this fails, you can unlock your device by entering your Google Account user name and password.
1. On the unlock screen, enter your lock password or pattern.
2. After the fifth attempt, when you’re asked to wait for 30 seconds, tap OK.
3. If the display goes off, press the Power button to turn the display back on, and then unlock the screen.
4. Tap the Forgot pattern? button when it appears.
5. Enter your Google Account name and password, and then tap Sign in. You’ll then be asked to create a new screen lock pattern. If you no longer want to do so, tap Cancel.
6. If you have not set up Gmail or do not recall your Gmail login information, you will have to factory reset your device and reconfigure it for use.
NOTE: A Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you've downloaded and installed. SIM card data will not be deleted. To perform a factory reset on your device:
1. With the device powered off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key.
2. While continuing to hold VOLUME DOWN, press the POWER key for 10 seconds. You will see the Back, Home and Recent apps keys blink while holding down the POWER key.
3. When the keys have finished blinking, release the POWER key. While still holding VOLUME DOWN, press and release the POWER key one more time.
4. When the screen with the three Androids is displayed, release the VOLUME DOWN key.
5. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER key.