Answers to some common questions
How can I check if I have the latest software updates on my phone?
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
- Tap AT&T software updtae > Check for updates.
How do I know if my phone can be used in another country's local network?
- Check the network specs of your phone in the HTC website. (Go to the website of the country where you bought the phone).
- Check the supported network band in the country where you will be traveling.
- Check if cross-country roaming has been activated by your mobile operator.
How do I find the IMEI of my phone?
To find the IMEI of your phone, you can check one of the following:
- Press and hold the top of your screen and then slide downward to open the Notifications panel. Tap Settings > About phone > Phone identity.
- On the phone keypad, dial *#06#. This will automatically display the phone's IMEI.
How can I transfer photos from my phone to my computer?
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy the desired files. Alternatively, use the HTC Sync Manager software to easily sync your photos to your preferred directory on the computer.
How can I transfer music from my computer to my phone?
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to your phone. Alternatively, use the HTC Sync Manager software to scan your music libraries and applications such as iTunes on your computer and then sync the desired songs.
How can I transfer contacts to my phone?
The easiest way is to store your contacts in your Google Account. This way, you can simply sign in to your Google Account on your new phone and your contacts will be synced to your phone.
Other ways for transferring contacts include:
- Sync with your computer: Sync the contacts from your old phone to your computer, and then use HTC Sync Manager to sync your phone with your computer's Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Contacts.
- Social network accounts: Log in to your favorite social networks to import contact information from them.
- SIM card: Import all your SIM contacts to your phone.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: Sync your work contacts from the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Server in your workplace.