Starting February 9th 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC Jetstream.
This update will only be available for AT&T HTC Jetstream Customers and will be sent to the device over the air only for users who have an active SIM and data plan. Once the release is ready, these HTC Jetstream users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home > All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates. The system update can also be downloaded below and manually applied to the device.
For users who do not subscribe to an AT&T data plan, please see the details below for instructions to manually update the tablet.
This system update includes:
- Security patch
- Removal of HTC Logger
- Bug fixes
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update
- Connect the device to a charger
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
- Be in range of AT&T data and simultaneously connected to a Wi-Fi network
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:
Manual system update instructions:
- Tap All apps > Settings.
- Tap AT&T Software Update and then tap Check for updates.
- Tap OK to download the update.
- After you select to download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi warning message. Connect to a Wi-Fi network, and then tap OK to continue.
- The download progress will be displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version1.30.502.1. a. NOTE: If the tablet battery is low, the update will need to be installed after the battery has reached 35% or higher.
- The device will reboot and begin installation. Users will not be able to use their device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes). a. WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
- The system update is now complete. Swipe the lock ring up to unlock the tablet.
- Tap OK.
If you do not have an active AT&T SIM and are not connected to Wi-Fi, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update.
Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. Information saved on a microSD card will not be affected.
Performing the ROM Update:
- Download and save the HTC Jetstream™ for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
- NOTE: You must have HTC Sync installed on your PC in order to run the update, to ensure the proper drivers are available. HTC Sync can be downloaded from the HTC Jetstream downloads page.
- On the Connect To PC pop-up on your device, select HTC Sync.
- NOTE: If the pop-up does not display, go to Menu > Settings > Connect to PC > Default connection type and tap HTC Sync.
- Once connected to HTC Sync, locate the HTC Jetstream™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded and double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
- Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
- Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use