You can encrypt all data on
HTC Jetstream such as your online accounts, settings, downloaded apps and their data, media, and other files.
- When you encrypt data, you must enter a numeric PIN or password every time you turn on
HTC Jetstream to decrypt it.
- Encryption is irreversible. The only way to revert to an unencrypted tablet is to perform a factory data reset.
- Schedule an hour or more for the encryption process.
HTC Jetstream for encryption.
- Set a screen lock PIN or password.
- Charge the battery and keep
HTC Jetstream plugged in until encryption is complete.
From the Home screen, tap
Read the onscreen information carefully, and then tap
The encryption process starts.
Warning: You must not interrupt the encryption process or you will lose data.
Encryption can take an hour or more, during which
HTC Jetstream may restart several times. When encryption is complete, you’re prompted to enter your PIN or password.