Option 1: Media Link HD
With the Media Link HD accessory, you can mirror your device display on your TV. Share pictures, movies, games and more – all in HD quality. All you need is a TV with an HDMI port and the HTC Media Link HD adapter. To set up Media Link HD:
Setting up the Media Link HD adapter
- Purchase the Media Link HD adapter from your carrier or other retailer.
- Connect the provided USB cable to the Media Link HD.
- Connect the USB cable to the provided power adapter and plug in to an electrical outlet.
a. Note: If your TV has a USB port that supports power transfer, you can plug the USB cable directly into the TV instead of plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Connect the supplied HDMI cable to the Media Link HD and your TV.
- On your TV, change the video input to the appropriate HDMI port.
Connecting your device to the Media Link HD adapter.
- Connect your device to your home Wi-Fi network.
a. Ensure you have completed the steps above and the Media Link HD is powered on.
- Use three fingers to swipe up on your device.
- Follow the instructions to configure your device.
Option 2: DLNA
Connect your device to your home Wi-Fi network and instantly show your captured photos and videos on a supported big-screen TV, or start streaming your favorite music tracks on hi-fi speakers — all via DLNA®. For more information about DLNA, visit www.dlna.org.
Note : The TV or other device must also support DLNA. See the manual or other documentation for your TV/device for more information.
Before you share media through the network:
- Connect your device to the network via Wi-Fi.
- Connect the TV or speakers to the network. Check the documentation that came with your TV or speakers to know how.
Share media from Gallery or Music
- From the Home screen, tap All apps.
- Tap the Gallery or Music application.
- Locate the media that you want to share, and then tap it.
- While viewing the photo or playing the song/video, tap Menu (Music) or More (Gallery).
- Tap Select player.
- Choose the device on your network where you want to play the media.
- Once connected to the other device, your device opens up the Controller screen.