This software update (Build Number: 4.08.605.19 710RD; Baseband Version: 126.96.36.199.20) is now available for your DROID Incredible by HTC.
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade to 4.08.605.19 710RD is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information and locate the Software number.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
- Your device is currently running Software number 4.08.605.15. If you are running older software, please contact Customer Care.
- Set aside approximately 15 minutes to allow the device to update.
- Connect the device to a charger.
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 35%.
- You have received the notification that there is a software update available for your device. If you have not received the notification, please wait until you do to proceed.
1. The download will start automatically in the background. To check on the download status, you can go to Settings > About phone > System update. During this time, you can go about using the phone normally.
2. Once the download is complete, you will see the following notification. Tap Install Now to start the installation process.
3. The process will start 10 seconds later. During this time, if you need to stop the process, tap Cancel install. Otherwise, the device will proceed with the update.
4. Installation will begin. Device will reboot 3 times and display the Lock Screen once installation is complete.
5. Once you unlock your device, you will be greeted with the following message. Tap OK to dismiss and use your device. Congratulations, you are now running the latest software for your DROID Incredible by HTC.
- If you choose the Install later option, you will receive a pop up notification periodically to inform you of the available update. You can manually install by going to Settings > About phone > System updates
- If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.
- If your battery level is too low, the installation will not proceed. You will need to charge your device until it has enough battery power to continue.
- To identify your software information, you can go to Settings > About phone > Software information. After performing the update, it should show 4.08.605.19 710RD.