An updated firmware is now available for HTC Car Mic users to download. As always, HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience.
Firmware version: 62
1. Execute InstallBlueSuite2_4.exe on PC to install FW upgrade tool with default Options, and restart your PC after the installation.
2. Connect and plug in micro USB power cord between BT device and PC USB port.
3. To enter upgrade mode: press and hold both “Mute” and “VoiceDial” or “Phone” buttons (depends on your hardware) at least for 5 seconds until you hear a short prompt tone.
4. After step 3, PC will show a message that it found something unknown is connected to USB port.
5. Check if there’s entry “CSR BlueCore in DFU mode” shown in your PC “Device Manager” (right click on “Computer” icon > choose “Device manager”), if there is, then skip step 6 & 7.
6. If there’s only an unknown device shown in your device list or other BT radio dongle is recognized, choose it to update driver.
7. Give it assigned folder to “C:\Program Files\CSR\BlueSuite 2.4\drivers\win32 or \win64” depends on your PC OS. (Q: Where could I find 32 or 64 bits information? Right click on “Computer” icon > choose “Properties”)
After finishing this, you’ll see “CSR BlueCore in DFU mode” listed in your device manager, you have driver successfully installed.
8. Run DFUWizard under CSR BlueSuite in start menu.
9. Follow upgrading process steps, choose USB connection type.
10. Please select 1st Upgrade Action.
11. Choose the file to upgrade. In this case, we choose file named “V6R62-stack.dfu” so press “Browse” to find this file in your PC.
• Download V6R62-stack.dfu
12. While upgrade processing, do not interrupt or power lost to prevent device dead, and it will take approximately < 3 minutes.
13. (Optional) After it finished, you can follow next 2 steps to check if upgrade is successful.
14. To enter upgrade mode again by pressing and holding Mute/VoiceDial/VDN (Volume ‐) for 5sec until you hear a short prompt tone.
15. Run PSTool under CSR BlueSuite in start menu.
16. Choose transport to USB and correct port if you have multiple CSR devices connected.
17. Read “User configuration data 48” to check if it matches your upgrade version. In this case, 003e means current version is 62. It should matches to your version number of upgrade file named “V6R62-stack.dfu” [0006 003e eb3c 0000]
18. Press right corner [Reset BC] button to let device exit this DFU mode and go back to normal operation mode.