Answers to some common questions
How do I extend the battery life of my phone?
Here are some battery saving tips:
1. Turn off the display when you're not using it.
2. Reduce screen brightness under your specific visual habit
3. Turn off wireless connections such as the data connection, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not in use.
4. Turn on the battery saver option. To access the battery saver option:
• Please tap START.
• On the Start screen, slide to the left.
• Tap Settings > battery saver.
NOTE 1: START is the window icon at the bottom center on the phone screen.
NOTE 2: On/Off switch is the bar next to the option.
Why does my phone get warm?
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, please stop any operations on your phone. Please contact HTC customer service for further asistance.
What type of environment should I avoid when placing or using my phone?
Keep your phone away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Also avoid wet areas when using the phone.
How many tiles can I put on the Start screen?
You can add as many as you want.
Where can I see my phone's status indicators?
Tap the topmost part of the screen to view the status indicators.
How do I clear the browsing history in Internet Explorer?
1. Press the START button. (The START button is the Windows icon at the bottom center below the screen.)
2. On the Start screen, slide to the left.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Switch to applications by sliding the screen to the left.
5. Tap Internet Explorer.
6. Tap delete history.
7. Tap delete.
Why is my internal storage less than advertised?
The space shown on the box and in advertisements is the total storage capacity of the phone, and in fact does exist in the phone. The total storage space is divided into Internal storage and phone storage, and part of the space is being used to make sure your phone is running at optimal performance levels.
The space shown on the box and in advertisements is the total storage capacity of the phone, and in fact does exist in the phone. The total storage space is divided into internal storage and phone storage, and part of the space is being used to make sure your phone is running at optimal performance levels.
I live in a hot/warm climate, will this affect my battery?
Hot environment can cause the phone to reach unsafe operating temperatures quicker. Please make sure you do not use your phone in direct sunlight. If your phone gets hot and uncomfortable to the touch, turn off your phone and wait until it cools down before you use it again.