How do I extend the battery life of my phone?
Here are some battery saving tips:
1. Turn off the display when you're not using it.
2. Reduce screen brightness under your specific visual habit
3. Turn off wireless connections such as the data connection, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not in use.
4. Check applications running in the background to stop them accordingly. (Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Running services > Tap the application you want to stop > Stop)
How can I check if I have the latest software updates on my phone?
1. Press Menu, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About phone > Software updates > Check now.
Why does my phone get warm?
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, please stop any operations on your phone. Please contact HTC customer service for further asistance.
Do I need a Google account to use my Android phone?
Although you do not need a Google Account to use your phone, signing in to your Google Account lets you take full advantage of Google apps and services such as Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and more.
What is the best way to care for my phone when moving it between environments that have different temperature and/or humidity ranges?
When moving your phone between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or inside the phone. To avoid damage, allow sufficient time for the moisture to evaporate before using the phone.
When taking the phone from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow the phone to acclimate to room temperature before turning on the power.
What type of environment should I avoid when placing or using my phone?
Keep your phone away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Also avoid wet areas when using the phone.
Why is my internal storage less than advertised?
The space shown on the box and in advertisements is the total storage capacity of the phone, and in fact does exist in the phone. The total storage space is divided into internal storage and phone storage, and part of the space is being used to make sure your phone is running at optimal performance levels.
How do I find the IMEI/MEID of my phone?
To find the IMEI/IMEID of your phone, you can check one of the following:
1. Press Menu > Tap Settings > About phone > Phone identity
2. On the phone keypad, dial *#06#; this will automatically display the phone's IMEI.
3. If your phone has a removable battery, remove the back cover and take the battery out. There's a sticker on the inside that shows the IMEI/MEID. If it’s non-removable battery device, check SIM tray.
I live in a hot/warm climate, will this affect my battery?
Hot environment can cause the phone to reach unsafe operating temperatures quicker. Please make sure you do not use your phone in direct sunlight. If your phone gets hot and uncomfortable to the touch, turn off your phone and wait until it cools down before you use it again.