To use a music track as a ringtone, drag it to the Ringtones folder. Make sure that the track meets the following requirements:
• The track is in MP3 or WMA format
• The track is less than 40 seconds
• The track is less than one MB
• The track is not protected with digital rights management (DRM)
To apply a ringtone, follow the steps below:
1. Connect your phone to your computer.
2. Copy your custom ringtones to the Ringtones folder on your phone.
3. Disconnect your phone from the computer.
4. On your phone, press the START button. (The START button is the Windows icon at the bottom center below the screen.)
5. On the Start screen, slide to the left.
6. Tap Settings.
7. Tap ringtones+sounds.
8. Tap Ringtone, and you will see the audio file under the Custom category.
To find out more, go to the Overview page. Under How-tos > Basics > Changing the ringtone