Answers to some common questions
Here are some battery saving tips:
1. Turn off the display when you're not using it.
2. Reduce screen brightness under your specific visual habit
3. Turn off wireless connections such as the data connection, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not in use.
4. Check applications running in the background to stop them accordingly. (Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Running services > Tap the application you want to stop > Stop)
1. Press Menu, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About phone > Software updates > Check now.
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, please stop any operations on your phone. Please contact HTC customer service for further asistance.
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to your phone.
To find out how, go to our HTC support site. Select your phone model, and then under How-tos:
See "Copying files to or from the phone storage" to copy files to the phone's built-in storage.
See "Copying files to or from the storage card" if your phone model supports a storage card.
Although you do not need a Google Account to use your phone, signing in to your Google Account lets you take full advantage of Google apps and services such as Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and more.
When your phone finds contacts that can be merged, you’ll see a link notification when you open the People app.
1. On the People tab, tap the Link suggestion notification when available. You'll see a list of suggested contacts to merge.
2. Choose the contacts you want to merge.
Some HTC phone models may not support this feature. If your phone doesn't have this feature, use your computer to access your Gmail. Gmail on the web allows you to merge duplicate contacts.
You can do the following to check:
1. Check the network specs of your phone in the HTC website. (Go to the website of the country where you bought the phone.)
2. Check the supported network band in the country where you will be traveling.
3. Check if cross-country roaming has been activated by your mobile operator.
When moving your phone between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or inside the phone. To avoid damage, allow sufficient time for the moisture to evaporate before using the phone.
When taking the phone from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow the phone to acclimate to room temperature before turning on the power.
1. Press Menu, and then tap Settings > Personalize.
2. On the Sound tab, tap Sound set.
3. Choose a sound set you want to customize, or create a new one.
4. Change the ringtone, notification sound, or alarm from the Personalize screen.
Keep your phone away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Also avoid wet areas when using the phone.