Need more space to install a new app?
There are a few things you can do to free up phone storage.
Make More Space from the
Windows store so you can be notified when your phone storage is 90% full. See
Keeping tabs on phone storage.
- Remove apps and games that you don't use anymore. See
Uninstalling an app.
- Change the default save location for the
Camera app or for music and podcasts downloaded from the Xbox Music Store. See
Checking phone and SD card storage.
- Copy music and podcasts stored in the phone storage to the storage card. See
Copying and deleting music.
- Delete email messages that you don't need.
- Delete maps that you don't use. See
Downloading and managing maps.
- Save files from the
Office hub such as Word,
PowerPoint® documents to your
SkyDrive and then delete them from your phone. See
What's in the
- Use the
Windows Phone app to save files such as music and podcasts downloaded from the Xbox Music Store or photos and videos from the Camera app to your computer and then delete them from your phone.
to see if your computer is compatible with the
Windows Phone app.