Answers to some common questions
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About > Software updates > Check now.
HDR, short for High Dynamic Range, can bring out the details of both the highlights and shadows in your shots. Use HDR when capturing your subject in high contrast lighting, or when shooting in lowlight conditions.
To find out more, go to the Overview page in this URL: http://www.htc.com/tw/help/htc-one-x/#overview. Under How-tos, see Camera > Using HDR. You can also watch the video, "Capturing photos in backlight conditions".
Your phone may get warm while you're using it for a long time in phone calls, web browsing or charging etc. If the operating temperature of your phone makes you feel uncomfortable, please stop any operations on your phone. Please contact HTC customer service for further asistance.
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will be accessible from all your computers, HTC phones and even the Dropbox website.
Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and then copy your files over to your phone.
To find out how, go to our HTC support site. Select your phone model, and then under How-tos:
See "Copying files to or from the phone storage" to copy files to the phone's built-in storage.
See "Copying files to or from the storage card" if your phone model supports a storage card.
When moving your phone between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or inside the phone. To avoid damage, allow sufficient time for the moisture to evaporate before using the phone.
When taking the phone from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow the phone to acclimate to room temperature before turning on the power.
When your phone finds contacts that can be merged, you’ll see a link notification when you open the People app.
1. On the People tab, tap the Link suggestion notification when available. You'll see a list of suggested contacts to merge.
2. Choose the contacts you want to merge.
Some HTC phone models may not support this feature. If your phone doesn't have this feature, use your computer to access your Gmail. Gmail on the web allows you to merge duplicate contacts.
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings > Personalize.
2. On the Display tab, tap Wallpaper.
3. Tap Gallery and choose from your photos. Or choose from HTC wallpapers.
4. Tap Save or Apply.
Keep your phone away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Also avoid wet areas when using the phone.
The easiest way is to store your contacts in your Google Account. This way, you can just sign in to your Google Account on your new phone and your contacts will be synced to your phone.
There are also other ways for transferring contacts:
1. Sync with your computer: Sync the contacts from your old phone to your computer, and then use HTC Sync or HTC Sync Manager to sync your phone with your computer's Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Contacts.
2. Social network accounts: Log in to your favorite social networks to import contact information from them.
3. SIM card: Import all your SIM contacts to your phone.
4. Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: Sync your work contacts from the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Server in your workplace.
5. Transfer: Use the Transfer app to transfer not only your contacts, but also calendar events and text messages from your old phone to your phone.