Open the menu panel to access and change camera settings.
To open the camera settings, press
- Self-portrait (photo mode only)
- Select this option to take your own closeup shot.
- Self-timer (photo mode only)
- Set a time delay before your camera automatically takes the photo.
- Image adjustments
- Slide your finger across each of the slider bars to adjust the exposure, contrast, saturation, and sharpness.
- White balance
- White balance enables the camera to capture colors more accurately by adjusting to your current lighting environment.
- Resolution/Video quality
- Choose a photo or video resolution to use.
- ISO (photo mode only)
- Choose an ISO level or set it back to Auto. Higher ISO numbers are better for taking pictures in low light conditions.
- Review duration
- Set the time for a captured photo or video to be displayed on the Review screen before the camera changes back to the Viewfinder screen.
- Widescreen (photo mode only)
When this check box is selected (default), photo resolutions available for selection are in 3:2 ratio and you can use the entire Viewfinder screen to frame your subject. When not selected, photo resolutions available for selection are in standard 4:3 ratio.
- Geo-tag photos (photo mode only)
- Select to store GPS location in your captured photos.
- Auto enhance (photo mode only)
- Select to reduce noise when using a high ISO setting and to automatically adjust photo brightness.
- Shutter sound
- Select to play a sound when you press the shutter release or record button.
- Grid (photo mode only)
- Select to display a grid on the Viewfinder screen so you can easily frame and center your subject before taking the photo.
- Record with audio (video mode only)
- Select to record audio when capturing videos.
- Reset to default
- Change the camera settings back to default.