Choose your region
Effective Date: October 10, 2011
HTC Europe Co Ltd ("We", “us”, “our” or “HTC”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is HTC Europe Co Ltd of Salamanca, Wellington Street, Slough, SL 1YP, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information (including but not limited to telephone number, postal address, and or email address) that you provide by filling in forms or completing applications on this careers website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this careers website.
- Personal data about you from your profile, resume/CV and in some circumstances from external assessors.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- For purposes related to your registration of interest in current or future employment with HTC and for the processing of your application for employment;
- If your application is successful, the information will be used in the administration of your employment with HTC;
- If your application is unsuccessful, HTC may retain and use the information which you provided for up to two years in order to deal with any matter which may arise in connection with your application;
- For the purposes of contacting you in connection with future recruitment opportunities with HTC;
- To transfer to other bodies, such as any organisations assisting us with our recruitment processes, and government bodies or authorities, such as those dealing with employment, immigration or tax;
- Information that you provide in the equal opportunities section of any application for an opportunity within HTC will be used for the sole purpose of monitoring equal opportunities within HTC. We will endeavour to process such information separately from the rest of your application.
Under no circumstances will the information you provide be used for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to HTC Corporation located at No. 23 Xinghua Rd.,Taoyuan City, Taoyuan County 330, Taiwan and any of its affiliates.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HTC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the option to ask us not to use your personal information for a particular purpose. You may also request that your information be deleted from our database at anytime.
You can decide what personal information you provide to us.
You can update your personal details at anytime by visiting your candidate account and updating your information accordingly.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.